View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 05:52 AM
Rymer

wow these stories are amazing! My grandmother passed away many many yrs before i was born and I'm pretty sure she didn't quilt anyway. I never had quilts growing up. The very first quilt I ever got was a quilt my best friend made me when I got married. The next year she got married and I got it in my head that I'd repay her with a quilt I made! I had a friend at work who quilted and I managed to talk her into teaching me. I'd go to her house and she tought me everything from cutting to binding! So I gave my very first quilt I ever made away as a wedding present....but that's OK I have made 2 quilts for my daughter, one for our bed and one for my son so far and am working on lap quilts made from my brother's shirts at the moment. I can't wait to pass this on to my kids and future grandkids. My daughter is 5 and is already interested.....very exciting. I hope she has these fond memories of quilting like you ladies! (my mother just shakes her head at me and says "I don't know how you have the time to do this...just sew two pieces of fabric together and call it a day, you do too much") LOL!!