Old 01-25-2011, 06:00 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Nancy,
I think the New Home VS is the noisiest treadle machine I've ever sewn with. The others are all Singers, 201k,15-90
and 237. The White VS III isn't functional yet..it needs lots of TLC.
Sharon W.
I love sewing with my Model 127 the Sphinx, I also loved using the Model 27, Pheasant. Those machines sew so nice. Wouldn't the Davis Vertical Feed be considered a vibrating shuttle? It has a bullet bobbin? That machine also purrs along. The only machine that kind of bothers me sometimes is my 15-88 (not a vibrating shuttle), but with the hand crank and treadle there is a constant clang when I am treadling. I love having the HC on that machine, but I mostly treadle so the HC is aways clanking. Now when I just use the HC there is no noise. I don't think it would both me, but that machine sits behind the couch in the living room. I use it in the evening mostly when we are watching TV -- it gets a little loud because of that HC! Oh, well I am not going to take the HC off because I am using that machine for quilting and sometimes I need the precise stitching I get with the HC.

Nancy