Old 01-25-2011, 06:01 AM
kwendt

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Originally Posted by kwendt
Can I take out the machine (out of the cabinet), wrap it in towels and lay it in a footwell. Then, turn the cabinet upside down, or sideways and set it heavy (top side) down in the front passenger seat that's lowered. (assume the dimensions fit, they do).
I am pretty sure you can take the machine out of the cabinet, after all, Billy swaps his around all in his table the time. It is probably just a question of taking off the belt, but I am not quite sure on that part. So why not go for it - where there is a will, there is a way.
Yes... this is an electric machine. And I want to take it to the shop for an electric overhaul and rewire anyways. the hard part will be detaching the wires and stuff. I know there are grub screws that likely hold the machine in... this is a '52 201-2. I don't know how to detach the electrical and stuff.

I've looked all around on line and haven't found a tut on it. HAVE found how to pull off the motor to rewire. So maybe, I can detach the electric FROM THE MACHINE and leave the motor/wires still in the cabinet. At least to get it home.

I guess I'll see.