Old 01-25-2011, 06:37 AM
miholmes

So this past weekend I attended a "Smart Piecing" class at my LQS. Before the class they have their iron setup so we can press our fabric. They had a new one there, it was an "Ironing Station".

Now I have an $8 iron from Walmart, and it spits and spills. I've always bought a cheap iron and then thrown it out and got a new one when it starts leaking, as they seem to always do.

Anyway this iron was kinda of a DREAM to work with. No spitting, it had some heft to it (which I prefer) and it did a GREAT job. Now what would you imagine the price would be for a great iron like this?...Are you ready for me to tell you?

Here's the Iron: http://www.amazon.com/Reliable-IronM...966055&sr=1-14

$350.00!!!!!!!! I was in shock and I'm sure my eyes flew right open when they told me.

So I went online and looked around for the brand and found it on Amazon for the bargain price of $250.

Now unless the Quilt Fairy comes and leaves it in my sewing room I fear I will be left to my cheap irons. Obviously I use it a lot, but I just can't seem to justify this cost.

Has anyone used or have any experience with these types of irons? I would start saving for one, but just wanted opinions. THANKS!