View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 09:00 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

I did not even need to bend over! I am 50. This past April I was standing at my kitchen sink and it just started hurting. By the next day I was incapable of anything but laying on my side on the couch! It was awful and I was in chronic pain until October. Sitting and driving were the killers for me. Standing was not so bad once I was able to get in a upright position.

Then I started getting shooting pains going down my arm, like the kind you get when you hit your funny bone really hard. That scared the bejeepers out of me and sent me running to the Dr. Finally ended up having to get two MRI's to determine what the problem was.

Turns out I had 3 bulging disks. 2 in the lower back and 1 in the neck. These in turn were putting pressure on nerves and causing my muscles to spasm in the affected areas. PT and electical impulse treatment with tens unit finally got me right but it was 7 months of hell! I still have flare ups every now and again. I go to a Chiropractor regularly and at least now I know when it goes into spasms I have to "confuse" those spasming muscles with the electro pulse Tens unit. My Chiro gave me one to keep home for emergencys.