View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 12:33 PM
mpeters1200

I need your help.

My gramma is in her 80's and has just been placed in a nursing home. She shattered her leg and has to recuperate there for 3-4 months. She also has Alzheimer's and she may not get to come home...but I'm not thinking about that.

I consider myself a beginner. I hate triangles, but will do them if necessary. I am trying to find a pattern, that is easy to do, but pretty. I've seen patterns that are easy but cute...good for juvenile prints...but I wants something pretty. I'll probably make it with florals and pastel solids. I want something that an older lady will delight in, but easy enough for me to get done.

Do you guys have any ideas? I don't have a stash to speak of, so I'll have to go purchase fabrics. Purchasing fabrics off the bolt is usually cheaper than fat quarters, but it depends on how the pattern is written. I can't seem to calculate yardage/fat quarters well. If yardage is given, I get that, if Fat Quarters numbers are given, then I get those. I can't seem to go back and forth between the two.

I'll be hand quilting it and it will be a lap or slightly long lap size.

Any ideas?

Melissa
p.s. I was thinking about a sampler, but I've never done one before and wouldn't even know where to start.