View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 09:56 AM
grammatjr

Years ago (I am talking aobut 10 years ago), my 2 nephews admired my teddy bears and asked if I could make them one.

Being from Nebraska, Ethan wanted a Husker Bear, and so I bought a little helmet and had a friend embroider his birth year for the jersey # and his name.

Then, I kept losing the thing! And I was afraid to cut the embroidered fabric, becuase I might mess it up.

Over the years, gentle teasing grumbles have been passed along, about how he never got his bear.

Then, this year, I got smart. Don't be afraid to cut the fabric with the embroidery - make a jersey they fuse the embroidery onto it! Duh!

So, when he came home for Christmas from Bible College (yes, you read that right - COLLEGE!), I had it finally done.

He put it in his shirt pocket, and it left it there, all during church, and got his mom's attention up in the choir loft, and he had the biggest grin on his face!

It is nice to FINALLY get it done!

Good thing that speed projects are finished does not equal how much you love someone - otherwise Ethan would think I hate him!

91 is the year he was born
[ATTACH=CONFIG]167625[/ATTACH]

it even has the little badge thing on the chest
[ATTACH=CONFIG]167626[/ATTACH]

I like bears with tails
[ATTACH=CONFIG]167627[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-167620.jpe   attachment-167621.jpe   attachment-167622.jpe