View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 02:19 PM
duhridder

Hi,
I am so happy for you. The 930 is a great solid machine. Feet are still available for the machine, so you won't have any problems finding a foot to fit any need you may find yourself needing. You can also find lots of used feet on ebay. The feet are built solid and very well engineered, so you won't have a problem with used feet.
I wish you luck finding your power cord. It's definitely a must have. LOL I have a 910, which is the school version of the 930, with less stitches built in, but the same quality Bernina craftsmanship. The pedal broke on me and cost me $50 to have repaired. I found used ones on ebay, but they were $100 and up and one from a dealer was going to cost me about $200 or so. So it's definitely in your best interest to find the missing one.
I know that to have the machine checked out at my local Bernina dealership is $50, well worth it to have a Bernina technician give it a good going over.
Bernina dealerships set their own prices, so prices probably will not be the same at your local dealership. Find a dealer that you like if you have more than one close to you. Go in and meet with them and pick the ones who seem to be most knowledgeable. A good dealer is a present from heaven when you are having problems. When I bought my used 200 upgraded to a 730, I got it home and couldn't figure out how to wind a bobbin on it. LOL The dealer talked me through it step by step over the phone. I paid over $5000 for the machine and another $1500 for the Designer Plus Software. I'm still learning it after 2 years of ownership, but it was definitely worth the cost. I'm still learning new things it can do.
Good luck with your new toy. A 930 in good working condition is worth $1000 or more, so your MIL definitely gave you a wonderful present.
Have fun,
Allen Duhon
[email protected]
Deridder, LA