Old 01-25-2011, 04:17 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Grandmother23
This weekend I found a Spartan for $20 that says 192K on the thread stitch length area. The wheel turns, but that is all, nothing else. The lady wanted $55 for it. I can't get it out of the "bed" it is in to look for any numbers, not sure were to look. I bought 4 machines this weekend. A Spartan, a Wizard, a Singer 99K-, and Kenmore all for $90. Not certain if I paid too much, but I am learning. My sister gave me a Singer with the cabinet. Nothing special that I can tell yet. LOL And it all started with someone giving me a 99K in a cabinet last week.

Pictures later.
I found a Spartan at a garage sale last spring. Loved that little machine! I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. I gave my Spartan to a friend for her granddaughter to use! Is your 99K in a small cabinet? I also have one of those!

Did you unscrew the screw on the bottom of the case to try and get the Spartan out of the case? I don't remember my Spartan being a problem getting out of the case. It just sat in there. That machine is small but heavy! They are made to last, though, like all the old machines!

Congratulations on all your new toys!

Nancy