View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 06:12 AM
kpalombo

I bought a case of paper that the doctors use on the examining tabe. You can get 12- 200 yard rolls for under $20 that will last my lifetime. I draw my pattern on the top sheet of paper then fold the paper like a fan to give me several repeats. I put the folded stack under my sewing machine needle (I use a leather needle) and pierce the paper with my machine (just stitch without thread) When I unforld the paper I have a long sheet of my pattern - repeated. I use painters tape (that doesn't leave residue on the fabric.) Then I chalk the pattern on the quilt. I keep the patterns and use them over and over. The paper is tissue thin but holds up to repeated uses. If you had a group of quilters the cost of the paper could be split up. I find my patters on the web, coloring books, and quilting books. I have a mid arm and sometimes I just lay the pattern on the table and follow it with my laser. It is an inexpensive way to get a pantograph.

This paper comes in 22-24" widths. I took a few rolls to the local printer and he cut it for me into 3", 4" 6" and 8" widths. (they have laser cutters) I guess if you had a band saw you could tape the roll and cut the lengths yourself. Like I said, it is just a cheaper way of getting pantograph paper.
Check out this site for free pantograph designs...
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/struss/bom/ebom.htm

I hope this helps you.