View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 09:00 PM
adirondackgrl76

This quilt was a Christmas present for my brother. He loves his music and plays from time to time with a band. I found the pattern for this in a magazine and have to admit I hated it once I got it started. Nothing at all would match up! After I worked with it for what seemed like forever, I finally got the pieces to go together as best I could and then decided to try my hand a free motion quilting. This is my first attempt at free motion quilting and as you can see I still need much practice though I am feeling a bit more comfortable with it. I complained to my mother how I hated everything about this quilt while I was making it and then when I got it all done and hung it up for pictures, I fell in love with it. I called this quilt "The Music Man". I shaped the label on the back like a guitar but didn't get to write on it before taking pics as I needed to borrow my mother's fabric marker. So here it is!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-168217.jpe   attachment-168218.jpe   attachment-168219.jpe   attachment-168221.jpe   attachment-168222.jpe