View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 10:27 AM
fabricluvr

Originally Posted by retrogirl02
Patty, I have the hardest time finding things I need with the 50% off coupons and when they had their last notions sale, I picked out two items I assumed were "notions" since they were in the same area but the ladies at the register said they weren't included. :? :( :? Other things were already on sale that I'd have liked to purchase, but I'm begining to think they're knocking off a little so you can't use the big coupons.
What do you usually get when they have the half off stuff?
i start with magazines, but lately they've been putting those on sale for 10% off. today i needed some embroidery thread, so i used two different coupons and got two spools i needed for today's project (sulky wasn't on sale). they also have a machine embroidery book that i want at one of the stores, so i'll have to see if it's already on sale when i'm in that little town on friday. i live only 5 miles from one of the stores, so it's nothing these days for me to go in there every other day. they all know me by name!

i also get muslin and solids if they aren't on sale (for backings). and batting. insulbrite (for potholders) is basically never on sale, so it's good to use a coupon on that.

i think the notions aisle is going on sale friday. i always have a coupon 'in my back pocket' in case something isn't on sale. they know to tell me at the register! :) :D