Old 01-25-2011, 09:51 PM
Anne P

Wow, like someone else had said, I have the envlope ready to go to subscribe to Quilt Magazine. Actually, I was going to subscribe to that one because so many on this board said that was their favorite on an earlier thread.

Luckily, I've been too busy to mail the subscription and now it will go into the recycle bin. Unfortunately, I had asked for and received subscriptions to two other non-qulting magazines for Christmas. Now I'm worried that my MIL will be bothered by these companies to renew them. I wonder if both of us will be, though, since my name is the addressee but she placed the orders.
I've seen several people say to contact the BBB about these tactics, but I suggest people report to the Attorney General in their own states and/or the states where these companies are located. The AG's office has the law behind them whereas the BBB deals only with a company's repu-
taton.
I've recently found out some interesting things abou the BBB. My son started his own business last year. He was contacted by the BBB a couple of months ago to be listed as a "top company" by them if he paid a fee. That much surprised us, but then we found out that companies that have complaints filed against them can pay to have the complaints erased! What's that about? Now I don't feel like the endorsement of the BBB means anything. Gee, what's the world coming to???????