View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 05:53 AM
mythreesuns

I love this quilting board also. I have learned 99% of what I know about quilting from this board and I only know 5% of what there is to know. I look on amazed at how you all pick colors, designs and such. Jealous is what it really is.. ha ha ha I was trying to go by remembering what my grandma use to do as a child when she made her quilts. My first quilt I am making, I learned that I needed to press everything, (after it was to late) and to make sure my pieces are cut at 100% accurate. Is my quilt perfect...that a 100% no...but...just because it is not..I am not stopping now, BUT I do know..(I am shy and feel dumb asking questions) not one person on this board ever made a comment to me to make me feel that way. I am just so completely new to all this, the only thing I knew about quilting was..you need a machine, thread, material, and a design. Trace the pieces out and sew together. That's how it was in my mind.. like I said...I am learning.. So my next quilt...I will be pressing pressing and more pressing as one board member told me..make the press my best friend.. I also learned to really watch my rotary cutting. I am not a quitter...so I will keep pressing on.