Old 01-26-2011, 06:58 AM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

I make donation quilts for whatever calls me but it seems many have gone to our millitary either through organized efforts like Jan from VA did for the soldiers statione din Farrah Afghanistan, American Hero or individuals that I am aware of that are serving. I beleive tha tover time you find the place/organization that is right for you. Sofar many quilts have been pretty basic.

All the below quilts went to Army stationed in Afghanistan, Jan's project, except for the rectangular red white and blue. One like that was donated to a relative from a friend who just came back from deployment.

I do not have pictures from many of the quilts I made. Also after the California fires some years ago I made some for who lost all including a group quilt that we added pictures since there was a death due to the fires. That one got to me since I was looking at the pictures as I was putting the the quilt together. Very hard and emotional.

I realy like doing donation quilts but find the cost prohibitive. If anyone has ideas on how to stretch the dollar or find good quality fabrics especially red/white and blue or something that could work for more patriotic quilts please pm me.

one similar to this one was donated
[ATTACH=CONFIG]168340[/ATTACH]

went to
[ATTACH=CONFIG]168344[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-168333.jpe   attachment-168335.jpe   attachment-168336.jpe   attachment-168338.jpe   attachment-168339.jpe