Old 01-26-2011, 08:25 AM
dmyers

Originally Posted by compuquilt
Well since I'm just starting out (literally) I haven't really had a chance to try all the features but I did look at a lot of programs including: Pro-Q Designer, EQ7 and Pre-Design StudioIII. Every program had it's strengths and weaknesses and the reason I ended up with Art & Stitch was it is the most complete design software package among the group (for me) and it handled virtually every file format I needed, including the ability to import a substantial variety of formats and import DXF files (very important). Since this software is my front-end to the computer driven Innova Long Arm I wanted an end to end solution. I'll have a better feel for all the features in a few months. Here's a link to a youtube video of our automated Innova
take a look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWmdZi4BODM

Is your Long Arm computer controlled?
I use the Quilt Sew Clever with my Viking 18x8. It works out nicely, it can read any file. You can also do FMQ and record it and use the file over and over. I'm not very good at FMQ that's why I bought a LA w/computer to finish my quilts. I only quilt for myself so my setup works for me. I am practicing FMQ more and more, I'm a little of a perfectionist so I'll still use my computer to do most of the designs for me. I did try a Innova at the Road to Ca show and was impressed with it.
Darby