View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 09:23 AM
kpalombo

Honestly, I was just sitting on the examining table waiting for the doctor when I wrote myself a note to get some more Golden Threads paper. I looked down and the idea hit me. I asked my doctor for an "almost finished" roll to try it, you might want to do the same. The doctor’s paper can be bought on eBay, a single roll or a case at a time. I had no idea how long they were. I most likely would have bought a single roll. I was paying over $10.00 for a roll of paper from Golden Threads pantograph paper and it got to be very expensive if I made an mistake. Since that day, I have discovered varying qualities to these papers (I have Lupus so I see several doctors) I would purchase the cheapest you can find. My local medical supply store has some that were in an opened box that he sold to my friends for $1.00 a roll. (I guess for medical reasons you can't sell them if they are not sterile, personally, my cat sleeps on mine so who cares about sterile?) lol Maybe you could borrow a few yards from your doctor to try it. FYI, I used an old broken sewing machine with lousy timing to punch the holes in the paper, I don’t think I would use my New Brother or my Baby Lock for this, but that is just me. My sister went to the Salvation Army and bought a machine for $10.00 to punch her paper. She also uses a leather needle. If you have a spare $10.00 you might want to go that way also.

I don't have a digital camera to take pictures of my quilts, and since I already got my Christmas gift this year (Janome 1600 and a Grace Pinnacle Frame) I don't think I will get one this year either. However, if I get to an opportunity to borrow one, I will post the pictures of the ones that weren’t sold or given away. Right now, I am practicing whole cloth flannel quilts to give away until I get better with the Janome and the frame. Someone said it will take me a year to learn to quilt on the mid-frame properly, anyone have any input on this?