View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 02:50 PM
Tropical

I bought my Pfaff in 1997 and love it. I did just have it at the Pfaff repair shop for a once over and it runs just like new. That is the only time it was looked at in over 14 years. I don't know how true this is, but the repairman told me that his father started the business in the mid fifties and always sold Pfaffs. But now the son closed the dealership part of the business because of the poor quality of the Pfaff machines since Viking bought them out and they are no longer made in Germany and that it is very hard for the dealers to do business with the company. When I asked for a recommendation for a new embroidery machine I was told Janome. He specifically told me more than once and quite emphatically to never get rid of my machine because it is one of the better ones made in Germany. I was also told by a Viking dealer that the Pfaffs aren't made as well as they used to be made in Germany. So anyway, you may want to do some research on the Pfaffs before chosing that brand. I am so glad I bought mine when I did. Good luck to you. Again, I don't know how true that is but wanted you to be aware of it.