View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Gerbie

Yes, Yes, I would definitely get it cleaned and serviced. I have a 930 and it is my main machine, in fact the only one I really use. I bought mine in 1985. I have a FW and three older Singer models, one was my mothers an antique dated about 1938-1939, my first machine a Singer golden Touch 1969 and a Singer that my brother gave me last week that had been in his storage shed, was his ex wife's. It is dated 1950 from the serial No. I have to get a new belt, before I can get it checked out. But back to the Bernina, I love mine and wouldn't trade it for anything. I have had folks at LQS try to talk me into getting a new machine, Janome, and trade my Bernina for one, but absolutely Not. I don't know if you can get a power cord from a Bernina shop or not, but the only one that I know about anywhere close to me is in Lubbock Tx., You might go on line and check for one. Good Luck. I hope you can find a cord and I know you will enjoy it.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-19-2018 at 02:48 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps