View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 06:29 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Welcome to the "dark" side :lol:

I actually like to have several projects going at once. I love having things in different stages so if I feel like handquilting I have a quilt in my hoop, if I feel like peicing I have my unfinished top to work on, I plan on starting some sort of hand piecing or hand applique project so I have a travel project and now I add LAing projects to the mix. I find it is much harder to get bored with any one project that way. The ones that are nagging at me are the UFO's that I started piecing and then just kind of abandoned. One of them I have a good excuse, it is a scrappy log cabin and I ran out of logs, but I have since added to the stash of scrap logs and really need to pull that one out and work on it. Then I have a quilt I call "Norwegian Forest Cats" that has been a poor UFO in the drawer for several years. It is a bunch of different sized pine tree blocks and a bunch of cat blocks that are all the same size. I am going to have to get real creative with sashing and filler blocks to get that one to work. No pattern of course. I am still mulling over how to arrange them and put them all together as well as trying decide do I want this to be a wall hanging or beef it up to lap quilt size. That particular project has been nagging at the back of my mind for a while now. Unfortunately the fabrics I have picked out for other projects are calling to me so my poor Wegie quilt will languish away.