View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 07:11 AM
Maia B

I always wanted an FW because of their beauty and utility. I finally decided to find one. I now have three, tho I might give one to my mom. The stitch is perfect. The machines are beautiful and durable and can be easily maintained and even repaired by the owner. They are an example of American and Scottish craftsmanship at a time when we made our livings making quality products bought by our neighbors. The last seemingly forever, parts are still available. They are compact, portable, and durable, perfect for travel and kids. THEY ARE CUTE! They are social, they attract one another and they seem to draw their owners together. They are easy to use, fix, and collect. They are affordable. I bought one via CL, one from a Singer repair center, and one from Graham Forsdyke. Many people have found them at Goodwill, garage sales, and even the curb. I prefer mine cleaned, refurbed, and fully operational and I don't mind paying for that. Only a fool would pass up a free FW. It takes up no more room than an 8 pack of TP.