View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 07:59 AM
dmyers

This is just my opinion: I own 7570 (1999) & 2027 (2005) Pfaff, ones that were made in Germany. Nothing against China, I myself am Korean. But I feel there is a big difference in the workmanship now. I love both my machines, not a single problem with my 7570, I've only taken it in once for cleaning. I was lucky to find the 2027 brand new still sealed just this past weekend which I'll use for classes and traveling. Piecing is a breeze with the Pfaff's IDT foot (comparible to a walking foot, but not so bulky), it can sew multiple layers and any thicknesses without hesitation. I also have a Viking Mega Quilter, I bought the Viking 18x8 and everyone raved about how they had upgraded from the Viking MQ and kept it for piecing. I like that it has a longer arm than my 7570 but I'm not impressed with the piecing, so I only use it for my bindings. Then I have a Bernina 180 (2000), I bought that just for my embroidery machine, which has done a great job and have yet to take it in. I haven't given it far shot for sewing/piecing because it's set up just for embroidery. I did have to use it while my 7570 was in for cleaning and I wasn't disappointed. Good luck with your machine hunt!