View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 02:19 PM
quiltmaker

Originally Posted by hazeljane
Originally Posted by quiltmaker
I agree with Melinda as I did a search for you also and her measurements are correct. But from what I understand it would be a 12 1/4 work area to the right of the needle which is a nice size area. . I have the Juki TL98Q and it has the 9 inch throat area. Looks like a really nice machine.

Looking at the machine, and reading the reviews- I respectfully disagree- it is NOT a mid-arm. I think "surface" refers to the flat surface with the table on. It does not appear to have a large harp.

That said, I have a Juki 98Q and would not give it up for the world- I love love love mine.

I don't believe I said it was a mid arm machine. I just went to a site that sold them and wrote what I read when I went down to the specifications of the machine and they said it had a 12 1/4 workspace to the right of the needle. There are a number of websites that do sell them and the specs are usually always available so one can see what the machine has on it and what it does. If I'm reading the specs wrong then I am sorry but that is what I read.

I love Raichert.com as he sent me my 98Q to Germany for me when it first came out and I've never had a problem with it.