Old 01-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Glenn

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by tomilu
Now when you put one in the bathroom, you are ready for a 12-step program, lol !
My mother kept a 15-91 in the bathroom of the 2-bedroom bungalow she lived in. The bathroom was huge; in the wintertime she would turn on a portable heater in there and spend the day.

I have 4 treadles and 3 E-cabinets on my sunporch (I know it's not good for them, but have no other space), 1 treadle in my daughter's room (worse idea than the sunporch), 3 treadles and 2 E cabinets in my bedroom, 6 treadles in the LR, 7 treadles and 1 E cabinet in my upstairs Non-Sewing room (I say that because I rarely get to sew). In addition, there are handcranks perched here and there. The rest are in the basement, where I am struggling along trying to create a usable space.

None in the bathroom or kitchen!!
Wow, a 15-91 in the bathroom where your Mother would spend her day sewing? I bet she got it nice and cozy in there!

Miz Johnny I count 21 treadles and 6 e-cabinets? What is an e-cabinet? You must have a very large house! I have 3 treadles in the office, 2 in our entry, 2 in the dinning area, and 1 in the garage (getting a face lift). I might be able to fit one more in the house maybe 3 if I give my 99K in the cabinet away and take out the curio cabinet! My sewing room is full with an HQ 16 long arm, my Mother's Pfaff 130 in a cabinet, and my Pfaff 1222e in a cabinet! I clearly need a bigger house!

Nancy
I have three treadles and two electric 1968 New Home and a 1945 White. My wife said this was enough. If I got more ( and would really like to) and put one in the bathroom I would be out on the streeet. Glenn