View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 04:56 PM
quiltmaker

[quote=hazeljane]Please don't be offended, because that was so not my intent!

I find in all the specs I read that is has a 12 1/4" X 8" work surface, but not to the right of the needle, just in general. from the photos, it looks like they mean the whole flat area of the sewing machine, because compared to the 98Q, with a 9" harp, the harp on this one is much smaller. It does and is designed for different things, I think. I just don't think it's to the right of the needle, as I haven't found that in my specs.

I didn't mean to start any kind of battle, and just wanted to make sure someone less experienced didn't read this and make an assumption that was wrong. I certainly didn't mean to offend you or disagree with you, except for that one little thing.

Friends?

Of course, never any doubt Hazeljane....you did not offend me at all. I was just trying to clarify that I didn't say it was a mid arm machine. I misunderstood the specs and feel terrible that I really thought it was 12 1/4 and now understand how I read it incorrectly. I was amazed there were 3 other of this type of machine but did notice that the harp area didn't seem all that large. We all try our best to help with what knowledge we have and what we try to find for someone else and I should have taken more time so there wouldn't have been a misunderstanding for a newer quilter.

Thank you for your kind response back to me but it truly wasn't necessary as I wasn't offended and least of all did not want a battle over this or anything else. I'm sure like yourself I love quilting and find such joy in it and do my best to help when I can. :-)