Old 01-27-2011, 05:19 PM
rivka
Banned

Just thought I would share this with any of you looking to buy a LOT of Coroplast and don't have a local source -- when looking around online, I try to price everything by how much a 7"x12" board will cost, based on the number of pieces per sheet x the number of sheets plus shipping. (I find that cutting by 12" is easier for me both cutting and math-wise, and 7" just always seems to fit well with what I want to do)

The shipping is always the thing that seems to add a ton to the price, often doubling the price or more. In general, at most of the places I looked online the price per board comes out to between $0.40 - $0.80 once shipping was added in.

The best prices for a 4' x 8' sheet mentioned so far have been between $10 - $17 -- which if you figure can fit about 54 of my 12"x7" boards on that, you're looking at around $0.19 - $0.31 per board -- but that's only if you can pick it up locally (and have a way to cut boards that big!!). Paying for shipping on boards that size is going to significantly increase your price.

Conversely, I have found smaller sheets (18"x24" ) selling for as little as a dollar apiece online -- but then shipping kills you, by adding about 60% on top of your price. So that dollar per sheet is probably fine if you're just buying a few boards, but if you're going to buy a lot, it's cost prohibitive.

The best price I've found so far per board has been here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-Coroplast-Co...item414acd3a61

At 100 24" x 18" sheets, figuring you can fit 4 boards of 12"x7" on it, you're looking at 400 boards total. $125 / 400 = $0.31 per board. You also are left with a 4" strip that could be cut into 4 6" x 4" boards for fat quarters per sheet.

Hope this is of some help to people who are looking to buy a lot of coroplast -- when you're shopping around, I encourage to figure out the price per board, AND consider the shipping, to figure out the best deal. And if anyone finds a better source than the above, please share!