View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 05:16 AM
azwendyg

Originally Posted by Gal
Wow, I am impressed on two accounts, firstly your quilt is lovely and secondly you have taken the worst faise out of my love of quilting (basting on the floor)! I am converted thanks to your wonderful pictures thankyou so much I shall be getting the MDF and covering them in flannel, I am looking forward to basting my next quilt this way instead of putting it off!! You have made it look so easy and I am sure I shall be able to master this method without any trouble, I may do a smaller quilt unill I get the hang of it.

Gal
Gal,

I actually ENJOY basting this way; it's practically pain free (unless I prick my finger with the needle ;) ). It gives me a time to examine my quilt top as I'm basting and start planning how I'll actually quilt it.

If you can find them, be sure to get tables that adjust to counter height. That way you don't have to lean over them and you'll have no back problems with basting either. If you cannot find tables the right height, you can raise them by cutting pieces of pvc pipe to slip over the ends of the legs to raise the tables to a comfortable level.