Old 01-28-2011, 05:43 AM
Weedwoman

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by tomilu
Also, your W&W takes a 127x1 needle or Boye 18. The Davis takes a Boye 10 unless it is really old -- some of the really really old Davis VF took a Boye 20. These needles are no longer in production, so if you can find them you need to start stocking up if you plan on using your machines.

Nancy
There are 2 Boye cases of 18s, but they are rusted, in the Davis. hmmmm Thanks for the heads up on needles. I have a number of Boye cases w/needles, but don't remember what they are other than the 10s.
You may be able to rescue those needles. Try cleaning them with oxy-clean. I haven't used it yet, but I keep reading about people cleaning the rust off the metal parts of their machines with oxy-clean. It should work with your needles.[/quote]

We've used Evaporust and had great results getting rust off but I'm gonna give Oxyclean a try to, it's way cheaper. Thanx
Also been doing lots of reading on these machines that require these special needles like our Davis's and it's been said you can get by with reg needles by not shoving them all the way up in the needle slot and to keep adjusting until you get a good stitch. If this is so, it would be wonderful. I am gonna try it when my Davis is cleaned up and ready to use. Anybody else try this method?