View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 06:50 AM
Charlee

Our truck was governed at 71 mph. Never had any big issues there. Where our issues came in was in the states where truck speed limits were 55 mph, and cars could do 70. Impatience on the part of the drivers of the cars nearly caused several accidents...I've even had drivers of cars pass me on the right shoulder because of their impatience!

The other danger I witnessed was in states like California where the trucks are limited to the right lane ONLY, car drivers entering the freeway and expecting the truck to get over for them, getting angry and nearly causing an accident when it didn't happen, either because there was a car beside the truck that the entering car driver couldn't see, or because of the law limiting trucks to the right lane only. I don't know of too many truckers that are going to take a ticket so that someone can get on the freeway in a hurry. William got one once, for that very reason. Cost him $500 for being in the center lane...where he moved to avoid hitting a woman who insisted on the right of way as she entered the freeway.

JACRN has it right. It all boils down to respect and courtesy. We HAVE to share the roads...play nice.