Thread: Funny Story...
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 04:15 PM
kkg916

Ok all, look at the pictures before you read my story. This is a quilt I just finished, I even posted pictures yesterday I think.
A lady in my doctors office had a baby in October. I hadn't seen her since the beginning of summer, but I knew her baby wasn't due until October. I hadn't been in the office until a few weeks ago. I asked about her and when she had the baby, and was told that all is well, she had the baby in mid October, it's a girl and her name is Emma. So I whipped this up for baby Emma. Today, I took it to my doctors office and asked if Becca (the new mom) was there. She wasn't so I asked if I could leave my gift for her there. The lady at the front (who was a different lady than a few weeks ago) said yes and then asked if she could look at it (it was just in a big pink gift bag, open). I said "of course!" She took it out and was telling another lady that I was dropping it off for Becca and OLIVIA--I just about died! She then looked at her coworker and asked what Olivia's middle name was. Turns out it's Olivia Zoe. WHAT???? OK, yes, I would love to smack the lady who told me Emma a few weeks ago, but we all had a good laugh...and I will continue to laugh about it for quite some time... I took the quilt back with a promise of returning in a few weeks with the gift and correct name on it.
Had to share the comedy!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-123842.jpe