View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 07:35 PM
LindaM

I'm on a 2003 GoldWing, side by side with my best friend and husband on his 2008 GoldWing.

This photo is from our "Rockies Gold" tour of Colorado last Sept. We're on Independence Pass in the first photo, on a little turnout - I couldn't find a good spot to get the bike stable so I just hung on for the photo op :)

We got the 2003 'Wing in 2004, knowing that we wanted to start touring. We did 2-up for a while, really enjoyed it! But I decided that at some point, I may *have* to drive the bike for whatever reason, thought I should really know how to do that. So, took the Motorcycle driver training, got a 1985 Yamaha 750 MaximX as my 'training' bike. Moved up to a 2004 Yamaha VStar 1100, traveled to the East Coast two weeks after we bought that. The next year we tackled the West Coast!

Last year, we took our youngest (she's 21) back to tour the Gaspe Peninsula, PEI, Nova Scotia - Cape Breton Trail, New Brunswick and back through the NE states. Few weeks later, with her back in school, we did the "Rockies Gold" in Colorado.

Have also been to Key West on the Wing!

Still working full time, practicing for retirement ... usually manage between 15,000 - 20,000 km/yr on the bikes :) :) :)

Planning on *another* Colorado jaunt in Sept again - woot woot!

We have had absolutely wonderful trips on the bikes - it's amazing who will come up and chat with you. First they love the bikes, then they can't believe that *I* am driving it. The funniest - border guard in Detroit, on our way to Colorado, can't believe we would drive the bikes all the way there. Thinks the bike is much too heavy for me ... I *really* wanted to say that I try mostly to stay on the top side, not carry it, but thought I shouldn't be sassy or might not get across ;)

PS these bikes are ***amazing*** to drive! But be warned - if you don't want to buy one, don't take one for a test drive!

Independence Pass Turnout Sept 2010
[ATTACH=CONFIG]132527[/ATTACH]

Key West Spring 2009
[ATTACH=CONFIG]132528[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-132522.jpe   attachment-132523.jpe