View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 08:50 PM
seasaw2mch

Originally Posted by Ditter43
Now I have a headache from crawling around on the floor...But it's ready to go!!
first I like to say great job!

Now I have to ask, why are you down on the floor doing this? You need to get a couple of cutting boards that you can place on one of your beds, I use our spare bed. then you can stretch and base your quilt without having to get down on all 4's. It's so simple! Even if you spray base, it would still be easier and you could just add the protection sheet under the backing just like you do on the floor.

Go here: http://www.hancockfabrics.com
and type in "Sew Perfect Pattern Cutting Boards" these are what I use and I've had mine for several years. I thought I'd wear out the card board with all the pining I do, but so far thy have held up real well.

I use 2 so I can cover the whole King size bed, I use 2 long straight pins stuck thought both were they over lap and into the materous. This holds them in place so you can stretch your backing out. Again I just stick straight pins around the edges into the backing and through the boards to hold the backing tight. Then I put the batting on, which pretty much holds itself in place, then I add the top. I pin base the whole thing, removing the straight pins around the sides as I go. No sore knees. Besides, if I were to get down to start this on the floor, you know that is the time someone is going to call. LOL and I sure don't want to be up & down all day.