Old 01-28-2011, 09:57 PM
luv2learn

Good evening everyone. I will be trying some of your ideas for removing rust on all of these parts I got today for 2.00. I don't know what machines they go on but I can practice cleaning on them. Also a photo of the 501a that I got today for $10. It runs, but haven't tried it with thread in it yet. I figured it would be good to use for Billy's tutorial on whatever he's going to do using a 501a. (The attachment box says part for a 403, but the manual says 500 series) It has quite a bit of chips on the paint and really needs a good cleaning, and needs a new faceplate, since the current one is broken out at the top pin.

Also a photo of an old Free Westinghouse that I saw today, it's in a cabinet with what I think you call a potted motor. It was very, very stiff, but the wheel did turn and the needle bar went up and down. The screw was off of the stitch regulator, but was in the drawer . . .I couldn't get it on. It is EXTREMELY dirty and was not plugged in. It is in a VERY rough cabinet. Serial # is ARE 62947. She has it priced at $30. Not very pretty but am interested in any info anyone may have about it. The Sewing Machine Search Train leaves early tomorrow morning. Have a good weekend! luv2learn

Rusty parts for ??
[ATTACH=CONFIG]135154[/ATTACH]

501a (it's parts are in another photo)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]135155[/ATTACH]

The Free Westinghouse in need of love
[ATTACH=CONFIG]135156[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-135149.jpe   attachment-135150.jpe   attachment-135151.jpe