Old 01-29-2011, 08:43 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by wilhelmina
I posted my almost finished quilt top on the Week 59 in the wee early morning hours. I intended to post it here on the main thread, geez :roll: I need to finish my piece count and have my signature block embroidered, as that final kite is not sewn in. YIPPE, :lol: :lol: I am so glad to be this far along although it will be a while before she is quilted, but I will finish on schedule.

Lesley, do you remember how much fabric you used for the binding?
Stunning, Wil, well done. Re the binding, I bought 2 yards, with the intention of using it for binding and cornerstones (I had three quarter in sashing, so my cornerstones were cut 1.5in

What I did was to cut a diagonal at the end of the fabric, and then cut the triangle into all the little cornerstones. I continued to cut diagonals for the binding (I cut 2.25in for a double, narrow binding). I had a good chunk left over which was mostly triangle again, but I don't think I could have got away with 1.5 yards unless I had more seams in the binding. Sorry to be so vague. I think you would only need a yard if you weren't using some for cornerstones.