Old 01-29-2011, 01:23 PM
Quilting Nonnie

I finally found my camera!! So here's a catch-up for this month.

I had to make up my block for December with cjr. Her theme is See America. I sent her a block about the Monterey Bay Peninsula, California. I grew up in Carmel Valley, so I put in things I loved about that area: sea otters that get an abalone then wrapped up in seaweed for an anchor they lie on their backs and crack the shell with a rock on their stomach. The Sand Castle contest in Carmel and the First Theater in California where they used to do melodramas to entertain the people working in the canneries and fishing for sardines. They refurbished it and now they still have live melodramas where you can boo and hiss. The Lone Cypress is famous throughout the world, and I used to ride my bike all the time through the 17 Mile Drive (Pebble Beach) where it is located.

I also did an extra swap of two blocks with PaintMeJudy. Her theme is to make your favorite block and the colors are your choice.

I feel really bad because I don't remember who my January block partner was :oops: Her theme was to have you make your favorite block and she liked turquoise.

Monterey Bay California
[ATTACH=CONFIG]149381[/ATTACH]

for Paint Me Judy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]149382[/ATTACH]

for Paint Me Judy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]149383[/ATTACH]

January Partner
[ATTACH=CONFIG]149463[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-149376.jpe   attachment-149377.jpe   attachment-149378.jpe   attachment-149458.jpe