View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 01:56 PM
wraez

We had to have all the pieces cut before we got to retreat so that we could get the next set of instructions to start sewing. It was a pain in the neck, LOL. Lots of participants complained and the next retreat's mystery was simplified but I was still 'shell shocked' and did NOT want to do another mystery quilt, ever.

Originally Posted by Up4BigChal
Oh there is no Speedy Version, But there are alot of Eleanors tools that make it easier to do. I'm surprised they would do this as a mystery quilt, alot of steps and a few different special rulers to use. But a great way to learn how to match points!
Originally Posted by wraez
That is lovely!

I think that quilt pattern was a mystery quilt for a retreat and we had to cut all those pieces separately, which I did. But I ended up not liking the fabrics I chose ...remember it was a mystery and I had no idea how the fabrics would be put together. So I quit cuz I didn't like the way it was going together.

I'm sure it can be done with an easier method and I wouldn't mind making it with a speedier version. I'll have to look on the web and see if I can find the directions.

thanks for sharing

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA