View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 04:17 PM
frugalfabrics

Originally Posted by OlgaT
Barb, That's a big fear of mine. I have neck problems so I can only cross-stitch for a short time. You may or may not know that Frida Kahlo suffered many surgeries in her lifetime. I became familiar with her because my late sister felt an affinity with Frida. My sister started suffering from rheumatoid arthritis in her 20's. She had numerous surgeries, including a spinal fusion. The painting in my cross stitch shows a column in frida's body. I try to be careful with my hands and neck, but I admit that sometimes sewing is just too much of a temptation for me. It's what I love to do. I'm sorry to hear that you have had to deal with surgeries. Olga
I'll have to look up Frida pics...they look very intrigueing (sp?). I too have a spinal fusion, in addition to my other ailments, but thankfully, that hurts less than the other ailments, so I still quilt and worry about the pain later. I usually wear a kozy kollar heated neck wrap while I quilt and sew, so I don't get deterred by the pain. When I'm at my machine, it is definitely therapy like no other...I can get lost in my sewing room for an entire day and never take the time to eat, drink, or go to the bathroom!...lol. It truly is a passion, that I'm glad I found.