View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 06:03 PM
Mimito2

Pay bills online (no stamps or envelopes needed). Clothes and furniture come from second hand or Goodwill. Use old socks as dog bed stuffing.
I am getting ready to build a house and have all supplies, flooring, windows, doors, electrical, water, cabinets, counter tops, complete bathroom for less than $4,000 from shopping at salvage and used stores. Am shopping now for logs and roof at a discount. Foundation will be rocks from our neighbors fields.
Ask the butcher when he puts out marked down meat then shop in bulk. Just today I found boneless, skinless chicken breast for .98 a pound. I bought 40 lbs, sliced them in half and have them in the freezer. Enough for 6 months.@3 meals a week.
Grow my own veggies, start my own plants from heirloom seeds in paper egg cartons then transfer them to saved take out cups when they get big enough. I have garlic growing in my windowsill now.
My only vice is fabric and I have been blessed with it when there was a need for it.
Going now to have discussion with DH about him wanting to buy a New Car. We already own 2 cars, 4 trucks and 3 tractors. More than enough, I would prefer to pare it down to 3 total. Watch for the fireworks in the southeastern sky LOL.