View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 06:35 PM
cjomomma
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I finally got this finished. Whew! The first one I made it it only took an afternoon but I made so many mistakes that this took me a week to do.

I only ask that you remember not to hold ypourself to only these instructions. There are so many different ways this can be made if you let your imagination go wild. This one is different from the original. i will show a pic of the first one at the end so that you all can see the difference in the 2.

this is made with 2 FQ's.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157204[/ATTACH]

I also used stablizer because I like it a little thick. Layer the FQ's and the stablizer.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157253[/ATTACH]

Draw lines (if you want) to show where the quilting will be. I used sidewalk chalk for 2 reasons. 1. it was all I had on hand 2. it washes off easily with a moist towel.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157254[/ATTACH]

go ahead and do the quilting. Remember the more quilting the stuffer the holder will be.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157327[/ATTACH]

This time instead of using a pony tail robber band I decided to use twill lacing to tie around the holder. I used 30 inches of the lacing.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157411[/ATTACH]

Now fold the lacing in half and take the folded edge and pick a place to attach it to the layers. You can use ribbon or whatever you want for this. When you attach the lacing fold the folded end over the egde of the layers of fabric and stitch in place but only enough so that it doesn't show after adding the binding.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157500[/ATTACH]

Sew the binding on. I made my own and I machine sew it because I don't hand sew.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157637[/ATTACH]

Now lay the holder in front of you with the short ends to the top and bottom and the long ends to the sides. Now fold the bottom up about 6 inches and sew you lines for the pockets. mine has 8 pockets that are 2in. or so wide but you can make the amount you want. Start the lines from the bottom to the top of the pocket and remember to back stitch just little or the stitching could come loose.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157716[/ATTACH]

You can see I folded the binding back so the stitching would be under it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157962[/ATTACH]

Finished product!! The needles look longer then the holder but their not. they were sticking up because of how I had the holder laying.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158023[/ATTACH]

Now you can place your knitting needles or crotchet needles and roll it up and tie the lacing to hold it shut.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158100[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-157199.jpe   attachment-157248.jpe   attachment-157249.jpe   attachment-157322.jpe   attachment-157406.jpe  

attachment-157495.jpe   attachment-157632.jpe   attachment-157711.jpe   attachment-157957.jpe   attachment-158018.jpe  

attachment-158095.jpe