Old 01-29-2011, 07:10 PM
omak

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
I am completely incapable of doing this :( :( :( :( :(

This will be the first quilt I have gotton half way done and then threw in the trash.

I considered adding cubes but I don't think that will help and I don't want to put even more effort into such an ugly quilt.

I can't tell whick blocks are dark and which are light, so my daughter tried to salvage this.

Is there any hope? Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this?
I think it is great. Cutie's suggestion of the picture helps a lot, and I like the first layout best. Now, I am not the expert (or as good at this as Miss Cutie), but my very first reaction to the first picture was .... the white/lighter hexagons might dash across the quilt at an angle, and the darker ones on one side, the lighter ones at topside .... can you try it with the dashing white/light on an angle?
Don't throw it away <g> I see great possibilities with it. And, another thing you might do - - though, I don't know that I have ever seen it done is to take hexagons of the original fabric or complimentary color and scatter them at random throughout the quilt .... it might be that you feel chaotic looking at the hexagons and need a place for your eye to rest ....
it all has great possibilities ... take it out on Mondays and look at it the pictures for five minutes <g> Just sort of give yourself a bit of a break, maybe <wave>