Old 01-29-2011, 07:14 PM
quilttiludrop

4a. Re: Orphan blocks
Posted by: "jansloft" [email protected] jansloft
Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:48 am (PST)

Hi Wilma,
My sister Terri lives in Capalaba, near Brisbane, in Queensland, and she has been reporting the damage to us first hand. This flood is terrible and it just goes on and on! Terri and family are OK, but she is worried about her Aussie friends in other communities. This is a wonderful thing you are doing, and a tangible way we quilters can directly help the flood recovery effort! I am collecting blocks to send to you in bulk from the WEST. So if any of you have orphan blocks, any size, any type, please send them along to me; Wilma and her team will make them into beautiful quilts. While I have been designated from the West, I welcome blocks from anywhere. Postage to Australia is expensive, so if you can send along something to help with postage, it would be a great help. Let's help "flood" Wilma with blocks!! Wilma, I hope you are getting ready! I already have over 70 blocks for you, and I know more are coming soon! Please keep those blocks coming! Sign your blocks & city name if you like! Any questions? OK to call or email me. Let's show Wilma how the West was Won!!

Jan Dahlke (530-938-4290)
Jan's Loft - Custom Machine Quilting
5236 Muskrat Road
Weed, CA 96094
[email protected]
www.jansloft.com
Gammill/Statler authorized Sales Rep (very Northern CA)
Sew Batik Longarm Associate