View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 07:28 PM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by dreamer2009
Originally Posted by mistycatbaby
Hi. I agree. I have wonderful detail recall from before my accident. I have a terrible time with recall after it. Learning new things takes many rehearsals. I bought a sewing machine that practically threads itself because I found threading a machine really difficult. I tried a shadow lap quilt and got the shadow pieces in the wrong places. I'm going to finish the quilt but it was frustrating. I find spatial things really difficult. Also processing directions is another exercise in frustration. I went to an occupational therapist for a couple of years who led me step by step in making my first simple sewing project.
There is so much about everyday living that causes a lot of frustration; let alone all the sewing and other things we add into the mix. Spacial causes me problems also. I also have Vestibular damage with adds another layer of major frustration.
For others who are reading this here is an example:
you want to blo-dry your hair.
you look in mirror, blo-dryer raised ready to dry hair.
Not a simple thing to do. The brain has to try and match all movements to what it is seeing in mirror. Spacially this is a problem; and not so easy.
The worst part of my 'shortages' is the inability to keep a face and name together. I will remember one or the other, seldom both. Upside is that I constantly get introduced to 'new' friends.