Old 01-30-2011, 02:13 AM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by sash
I need a good remedy for a sore throat and cold. Got any ideas. It's not for me; I can usually cope, but you know, it's the dh (hate for him to get sick and run down). Thanks.
Go to the drug store or Wal Mart and purchase some zinc lozanges and take them , don't taste really good, but let it dissolve in your mouth. Take a couple upon the first sign of a sore throat. - usually stops it. Also hot tea, honey and lemon juice help out a lot. An old remedy is a good ole hot toddy made with whiskey, honey and lemon juice. Take it before bedtime, not when going to drive or to work. This will really make one sweat and I guess it works because a lot of old timers used it when I was growing up. I'm very very lucky I have only had a few colds in my life time maybe 3 or 4. I never had a cold until DH and I married, he had one and then I got it. I still don't get them, and seldom ever a sore throat. I'm 66 and I know hard for folks to believe this, but I am hardly sick, had the flu once after taking shot, never again, flu or shot. I do suffer with allergies and migraines so I don't know what's worse.