View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 05:10 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by lisalisa
I found this biker fabric in one of my "fun bags" that had motorcycles and maps of all the biker towns that the biker groups travel to and through. My town happens to be one on the map. But my end thought was WTH am I gonna do with this? and I sent it to the "unloved" pile.

Then tuesday night my bff got to talking about her BIL suffering from a horrible terminal illness. He and his wife met at one of these biker festivals. They fell in love on a bike and lived their lives to ride.

Of course I'm having a light bulb moment. I think it must be the quilt gods talking to me, so I dug that horrible fabric out and put the pedal to the medal and made this. I'm finished basting it. I just need to bind and quilt. Probably could have had it done sooner but I'm a scrapper and didn't have the advantage of strip piecing. Had to use what was available. I'm not even going to say what's wrong with it. HA!..it's perfect. Suck my big toe quilt police.

Crispy (the cat) loves it.
Sure looks good to me! Isn't it funny how we get those AHA moments. You got rid of some unwanted fabric, and will thrill someone at the same time. I am doing that with some pieces I got that I don't like, are giving to QFK.