View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 07:03 AM
carolaug

Very creative...love the look!
Originally Posted by nance-ell
I wasn't planning to share this until it was complete, but I'm so happy with it I want others to see it too!

This is the project on my wall (finally found an old plastic tablecloth and tacked it to the wall; dh wasn't happy. lol). I thought I was going to do a D9P which I expected to be pretty fast and easy to put together. I cut the fabric from fat quarters in 8 inch strips because I wanted to preserve an 8 inch run in a few of the fabrics (ended up being unnecessary and I have a lot of waste, but live and learn!). When I laid out the D9P, it was okay, but I wasn't wowed!

Soooooo, I sewed my D9P blocks rights sides together and cut point to point in both directions. Yippee! Now I love it, but no quilt police allowed. Everything doesn't line up perfectly, but it's busy enough to not be noticable.

Now for my dilemma: I expected to do a small lap quilt or throw. I have completed the block in the upper left corner of the photo and it's 14 1/2 inches square, so I have a 56 inch complete design area without borders. Now I'm thinking of adding borders and/or some sashing....or maybe turning these blocks on point and adding filler squares to make it bigger. Just curious what others think would be the best way to go.