View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 09:11 AM
no1jan

I live in upstate NY and have 2 Joann's approximately the same distance from where I live.

I usually go to the one in Albany as it is a larger store and has more merchandise.

I special ordered the Warm & Natural last week when it was half price, plus got the 10% off for being a guild member.

This week when I saw it was less than $10.00 I went to the Amsterdam store. Of course they had none in stock which I expected, but when I asked about special ordering it, I was told that I would have to pay a $7.00 fee for Fed-Ex. I told her that was incorrect as I had just bought it the previous week. She argued with me until I showed her my receipt. I don't know if the $7.00 was the total Fed-Ex charge or $7.00 each.

Either way, I didn't special order it and that store lost my business. I am not one to go back on what I say when I say that a place lost my business. I had a problem with McDonalds 26 years ago as they made my order wrong then wanted to recharge me. Haven't been to one since!

I believe the clerk was the manager and have heard her before disagreeing with customers along with short cutting the material. She gets mad when I tell her that the end is not even and it isn't a complete yard. She also tends to flip the fabric up so it doesn't land on a yard, but about an inch or so short then cuts.

I ended up going back to the Albany store and ordering more of the Warm and Natural.

No matter what, I will not shop in Amsterdam again!