Old 01-30-2011, 12:19 PM
Donna Mare

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Donna Mare
Wow.. what a beauty you have!! Great paint on it too! I picked up another one yesterday... but the paint is not good.. everything moves... but dang paint.
I do a lot of repaints for these machines and the Featherweights and I use only automotive paint for the finish. Its durable you can get any color you can dream about, and the care and upkeep is really simple. Never turn away a machine because it looks like it has seen better days, I have flipped them into some of the prettiest machines out there.

And $50 was a great deal for on in the cabinet that you have!!

Billy<<<who is still longing for the Russian Singer
WOW is all I can say about your repaint..what did you do to prep it? Is there a link to clean everything up? Wow.. amazing...

ANND. I got another one today... wowser what a day. The cabinet has some problems, the long draw is not good at all, it's in pieces... ..the paint is on the singer is badddddd.. so $25 was my price.. I really like it.. I am a wee bit handy with woodwork so think I can make a front draw drop.. Oh.. I have a pic of it..

So..is there a place about how to clean these aall up?
BTW... the pic of my previous post..the numbers are..
well.here what I wrote down for my notes.. Antique 1912 Singer treadle sewing machine. Made in Elizabeth, NJ, its number is G1714467.

the new one.. I havent got that far yet. Just got home ...stopped at a thrift shop sale and errr.uhmm.. 2 bags of fabric ..for $5. and 3 ties..I want to make a man's tie wall hanging. saved the pic of one done in ties a week or so ago.. I like different.. Ok.. enough. Here is the pic of my newest kid..sending in next email.