Old 01-30-2011, 12:31 PM
grannysewer

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by kwendt
I was just checking those out because I saw one on Craigslist. The NL models were made in the 1980's. They are a real 15-91 but not one of the vintage ones. The one that I saw on Craigslist was for $35.00 and I would have bought it (just because the decals were so gorgeous) but it was too far from me.

Here is the listing for it:
http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/art/2176327487.html

Ah well... Did singer ever make reproductions of other models?
Yes, the sewing repair shop here has a Singer Treadle that is a reproduction of the Lotus (I think the Lotus if I remember right). It has the same look as most of the reproduction machines, the decals have an Asian look - trying to imitate the very old real ones. I don't care for the look, a little over the top, but I don't care for imitations anyway. The machines are not made with the same workmanship as the vintage machines either. The treadle I saw would never last 100 years, probably not 50 years. The machines are mostly plastic, won't last either.

Nancy
A friend of mine got a singer "reproduction" syphinx at a yard sale for 10 bucks, but you're right its way over the top for decorations. Bobbie