Old 01-30-2011, 12:49 PM
Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I talked to my favorite sewing person and about bobbins for my 66. Yes, Nancy I am talking about you. Nancy told me to never use plastic bobbins in it. Singer gave me a phone number of a man who has parts. I called him for missing parts and to order bobbins. He told me to never use metal bobbins and to only use plastic because metal will ruin my machine. I am confused. Any imput from anyone? Kathie
How could he tell you metal would ruin your machine? When they started making the 66 they did not have plastic bobbins? I say use a good quality bobbin, plastic or metal, that works in your machine. I don't use plastic in my 66, but mine is a 1914 machine -- there were no plastic bobbins then.

Miz Johnny, Billy, anyone else have an opinion? I am curious too as I was told to never use plastic bobbins in my 66!

Nancy
I use whatever ones work. I can say I never use newer bobbins in my 201, because it won't make a decent stitch with a crappy bobbin!! I would prefer the plastic ones to modern metal, but the old metal ones are just fine.