View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 04:12 PM
desertrose

Originally Posted by pamkasperi
I don't know if this is good or bad....

I recently reconnected with a friend of mine on Face Book. She likes my quilts and we got to talking...she knits...

I have 2 lawn and garden bags of yarn from when my mom died. I offerred to send it to her and she said "I have a little bit of material I could trade you for it".

So I though ok - but I was willing to give her the yarn for nothing in exchange.

I came home today from errands and I had THREE - yes THREE Large Priority Mail boxes on my porch - FILLED WITH MATERIAL. Some of its already cut but 2 of the boxes were nothing but folds of material - nothing less than a yard. I was going to lay it out and take pictures but I'm so over whelmed...Ladies I kid you not this has to be 30 yards of uncut material and over 100 cut squares and 100 cut rectangles.

I feel like the yarn I am sending her is no where near worth what she sent me.

Pam,
Don't give it a second thought. The exchange was for something you had on hand and wished to be used by someone who could appreciate it. I'd say accept the gift as it was given, not by amount, but with love of what she had and wanted to be put to a good use. You have a wonderful friends and don't base your friendship on amounts but on volumes of lovely things you each can share with her. Make her a lap quilt that she can wrap herself in and think of you each time she uses it. Perhaps that will ease your burdened heart.

Andie :-D :-D :D